Sunday, June 28, 2009

T-Minus 3 Days and things are coming together

P-Rock checking in.

Blackie stopped over today and we had a short chat on how much we both had left to do. Well since then I've accomplished quite a lot, and I think by Wednesday I'll be ready (Well actually I'm ready now, but just not packed and organized). I got a trial pack complete and it's clear that everything really will fit. I have one last comm item to solve and that's in the works as we speak. I made a test run with all the comm gear active and things worked out better than expected. Even cell phone communications are very doable at speed.

There's no doubt that the energy and excitement is heating up. I'm starting to watch the weather forecasts (right now looking like possibility of isolated T-Storms on launch day, high in the low 80s) and starting to notice the increase in comments from our friends and hecklers (ahem, Chuck). :)

I can also tell that Mrs. Rock is getting a little antsy at the prospect of us being gone for so long, and I expect Mrs. Blackie is as well. Fortunately we are the kings of connectivity, so they will probably be sick of hearing from us by the time this adventure is over. All I know is that I want to get the first day or two behind us so we can start to relax, unwind and enjoy this experience.

Lastly, a special thanks to the people back at my company. Without the support and dedication of Jayne, Mike, Jason, and Andy this whole trip would not be possible. Of course they have a few weeks with the inmates running the prison as a reward. Thanks much - I appreciate everything you guys do to make the business better. And a special thanks to Mrs. Rock and your unending support. Finally, a second shout out to Szak with the very thoughtful ride bell. Mine is hanging proudly on the FM antenna base, and when Blackie stopped by his was prominent on his top bag.

The road awaits....

P-Rock, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment