Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Video Testing an abject failure

Between P-Rock and I, expectations are high for quality photographs. My fervent hope was to supplement the stills with video via a motorrcycle-mounted HD videocam. I provisioned a bracket from B&H that seemed up to the job. Sadly, testing this evening was disappointing. I tested the camera mount in two locations - one mounted on the right rear passenger peg, the second up over my shoulder on the luggage rack. In both cases, the swing in the mount caused some fairly shaky video, shaky enough to render even the most seasoned sailor a bit queasy. I'll post the results on the SmugMug site when I get a chance to downsample the video - I think you'll agree the idea is compelling - just need a stiffer mount and a direct frame attachment (try to find the latter on a BMW K1200LT - the whole bike is a shroud of plastic). I have seen this work - will try up to the end - which by the way is now 6 days.....
Blackie out.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man that's a bummer. I hope there's a way to make the video acceptable, as I'm counting on having video of our trip bub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Countdown commencing.. I'm bit envious of having you guys out there without me providing wild game for the campfires but I reckon you'll do fine. Pope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screw the camera!

    When is the movie ever better than the book?!


    Chuck B.

    ReplyDelete