Saturday, July 4, 2009

Curves? What Curves?


P-Rock looking curvaceous

Day 4 - Thunder Bay, ON to Winnipeg, MB


View Larger Map

Very nice day weatherwise. Headed out from TB around 9:30am and started rolling toward Winnipeg. We had light traffic and plenty of passing opportunities, so we were able to keep the miles piling up. Once we hit the Manitoba border it turned dead stone flat. In fact we're really not sure if there was even a curve in the road for the last 200km. We made a valiant 75 mph+ attempt to get into Winnipeg before the local BMW dealer closed so Blackie could get some oil... We ended up being only 4 hours late due to their "summer hours" - closing at 1pm - for July and August.

Now tell me something. If you were a motorcycle dealer in a northern climate, and your "busy" season was presumably in the summer to sell motorcycles - wouldn't you think that "summer hours" might mean open late rather than close early? I don't want to start Canuck bashing too early but this concept needs contemplation. Serious contemplation.

So I had a little packing issue once I got out to my motorcycle this morning. It seems what I put in the trunk bag didn't fit in the trunk. So I had to do some major rearranging and ended up with this. My phantom passenger. Isn't she cute?

Tonight was pizza, TV, and Laundry. We are off to Saskatoon tomorrow.

P-Rock, on the longest drag strip on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment