Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day One - North Lima, OH


P Rock, blogging with the roosters.


View Larger Map

Well yesterday certainly was eventful. Starting with the weather forecast, we thought we were going to get away with something as we cruised through PA on I-80 and didn't see a drop of rain. Well as Blackie stated, once we hit Ohio everything changed for the wetter. It wasn't bad though. If you've ever ridden in the rain, if you have good gear it's really quite a pleasant experience - besides, the people in cars give you some great looks!

With 16 miles to go to the hotel Blackie and I got separated, partly due to Blackie's jumping the GPS gun with directions and partly because I am a crappy wingman (Never leave your leader!). We ended up meeting at the hotel about an hour later at 8:30 and then went to grab some grub. We ate at a place called Steamer's just off the Ohio Turnpike in North Lima. It's attached to the Quality Inn there and they had great food and an excellent bartender that was very enamoured with our adventure (Frankly, we are too!).

Yesterday, the biggest delays were due to construction in PA - a never ending tribute to those at PennDOT in Harrisburg. You guys may be the next victims of the P-Rock and Blackie show, if you get my drift. I also had a colossal wardrobe malfunction that had Blackie in stitches. My overboot (picture tomorrow, repaired) had a complete blowout with the sole flapping like a big ol' bozo shoe. It was quite the scene.

I want to give a shout out to everyone at PJ's at the Walbert, particularly Steve. He hooked us up with this hat, which will be going with us to the Arctic Circle. I want to thank everyone there for the years of great food and service. This is my token of appreciation back at you. Blackie has similar feelings for Snuzzles (which I do too, it's just not as close for me), and I think he has something in store for those folks too.

We have a 540 mile day ahead of us, mostly interstate again too. Hopefully the holiday traffic isn't too bad.

P-Rock ... Adios.

2 comments:

  1. You got lost going to OHIO??? Blackie...how are you going to make it to the artic circle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming out of "lurking mode" to post a comment. :) I'm glad to hear you guys got off to a good yet eventful start. I can't wait to hear more - thanks for doing the blog. We are all living vicariously through you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete